Property Price Watch
Let’s face it, everyone follows the property market. It’s a topic at every BBQ, family gathering and local pub. Everyone had an opinion and the vast majority of us have picked incorrectly over the last 5 years.
- It will go down
- It will go sideways and boom again
- It will continue in double digit growth
- It will capitulate
This latest property cycle is a very interesting one given there are significant underlying issues that normally have an effect on property.
- Global inflation fueling national inflation
- Supply and demand
- Increasing interest rates
- Record fuel prices
- Massive increases in cost of living
The other issues that are extraordinary for this time are …
- War in Europe
- Massive supply issues
- Global interest rate pressures
- Global asset price bubble
In Australia it’s certainly not a time to panic. That said, it’s a time to stay educated and in touch with your clients, monitoring the market daily.
In other news, the MFAA have confirmed that the broker market share has risen to 70%.
It is no surprise really and based on current trends. You can expect to see that number increase further over the next 12 months.