Getting to know… Sissy Li
1. How did you become a mortgage broker?
I have been a lender across 3 of the big 4 banks. Returning to work full time with two kids had been very difficult, hence I took my step forward to become a broker myself.
2. What do you like most about the industry?
Able to help my clients to achieve their financial goals, making me very satisfied with myself.
3. Who is your favourite lender and why?
Bankwest so far, because their BDM Paul and his support Aine have been awesomely supportive.
4. What advice would you offer a new broker joining the industry?
I’m sure there will be some difficult times at the beginning, but the change you’ve made will be amazing.
5. How and when did you join Vision?
I’ve joined Vision around September 2020. I can’t really remember how I found Vision, I guess I was really just fed up with the lockdowns and home learnings at that moment, and searched “ how to become a broker” online and all the sudden Vision came up. I took it as a matter of luck 😎
6. What do you do in your spare time?
Spare time? That phrase has gone out of my mind since I became a mum! 😅 I have been trying to spend as much time with the kids and family as possible, and working has filled up all my spare time. Work has been something new and interesting, and it’s also brought me a “something different” feeling while being a full time parent.
7. What challenges are you facing with the current climate?
I’m not a volume broker and only work part time. My main client data base are my previous clients and their friends and families. To me, no matter what the climate is, there’s always opportunities around.
8. If you won $10M tomorrow, what would you do?
I will share it with Mr Dave Lennox 😜
9. Describe what you were like in high school in 3 words?
I was slim, elegant and shy then! And totally opposite now after I married my husband.
10. What is your key for success?
Thinking on the customer’s behalf.
11. What makes you laugh?
If you can make question NO.8 above come true🙏 I guess both Dave and I will be laughing out very loud 😄