Broker Spotlight – Anthony Mitry
1. How did you become a mortgage broker?
I’m a financial planner & one of my cousin’s is a broker. He sold me on the idea of offering clients a lending solution as well.
2. What do you like most about the industry?
The thing I love most about what I do is dealing with people. Helping them when they first walk in, sensing their stress & finding out what they want to achieve. I enjoy having conversations with clients where it’s not all about money, it’s about their life.
3. Who is your favourite lender and why?
I don’t have one … I tend to focus on the best lender for each scenario.
4. What advice would you offer a new broker joining the industry?
There is quite a lot to learn but try to enjoy the experience … don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty.
5. How and when did you join Vision?
I joined Vision in December of 2021. I had come across Leighton at my previous aggregator & liked the idea of joining a boutique team. Apart from the flexibility, the people felt genuine & accommodating.
6. What do you do in your spare time?
When I’m not working you’ll probably find me at the gym, down the beach or playing basketball.
7. What challenges are you facing with the current climate?
Constant changes to credit policy.
8. If you won $10M tomorrow, what would you do?
Upgrade my home & car, set my siblings up & go back to Brazil!
9. Describe what you were like in high school in 3 words?
Capable, well-mannered & pleasant.
10. What is your key for success?
If I can help clients achieve confidence, peace of mind & put them on a path of happiness, I believe the same will be achieved for myself.
11. What makes you laugh?